Damasta “The Diagnosis” Q&A

 



By consciousness Magazine

Q: What inspired Damasta to come together with Storm Warren and the hit producer Charles “Unkahmn” Price to work on the record “The Diagnosis”?

A: Unkahmn sent me the track and it had a Dr Dre' vibe to it. I immediately started to think about making a song with references to medical shows. That is where the theme of " Hip Hop needing medical help arose..... Storm was an old friend who we had been planning to work together on a track and I ran the concept by him, and he wrote the singing portion of the hook and Un put it all together strategically to make fire.

Q: The record has that blend of a new school and old school vibe where it reaches a diverse audience. I thought this was genius. Would you like to expound on this or talk about the vibe/feel of the record?

A: Yea, Un always pushes me to get out of my comfort zone and play around with some of the new ways of production, but at the same time he never makes me sacrifice my love for that 90's style hip hop. I have learned to compromise to come up with that brand that is pure hip-hop but can still grab a new audience. The song actually does better live with the younger audiences then I expected. 

Q: Where did the concept come from?

A: I am a fan of a lot of medical shows, so it just came out of me easily.

Q: Was there anything special about this record that was deferent from any other project that you have ever worked on during your music career?

A: Usually, I make tracks with the mind state of fitting into an album, but this one was created to stand alone. I figured it could be something used for movie soundtracks and social media usage as well. I was then approached about putting out music with "They Authentic Records" and I knew this one would be the perfect single to lead with. The video is dope as well.

Q: What is the ultimate message that you want your fans and listeners to leave with when they hear “The Diagnosis”?

A: The message is pretty simple: Today's music is missing a lot of creativity and authenticity. If we don't get back to that part of Hip Hop, we will lose it "on the table." (Flat line )

Q: You also have a record with Shawn Illz “Adrenaline.” Can you tell us a little about that project?

A: This one was actually recorded prior to The Diagnoses. It was sitting and waiting for the perfect time. Shawn is a nice MC and I knew when he and I got together, our styles would create something great. It is track that can be played in the club / crowd setting, and at the same time it gives that eerie, yet lyrical delivery that I have been known for through my career. Letting people know I still put out that adrenaline filled delivery that puts pressure on all MC's young and old. I can't wait to perform it live.

Q: Can your fans and listeners look for more projects from you in the future?

A: I am enjoying these collaborations so they can be looking for some more joints with others...I am actually thinking about putting out an EP of Collab tracks... We will see how that plays out. Will actually depend on how much these two singles take off.

Q: Where can they go to get your music?

A: Both of the new singles are available on all digital platforms.

My last 2 albums:"The Eulogy" and "The One" are both still available on these platforms as well. Pick them all up. You will not be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugo Lord Believe it Live it Dream it

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis – Legendary and Iconic Grammy Award-winning Songwriters & Music Producers

An interview with Eugene Brown