Karissa Shannon "Reality TV Star & Glamour Model Empower Young Savvy Businesswoman"

Karissa Shannon "Reality TV Star & Glamour Model Empower Young Savvy Businesswoman"

Interviewed by Aaron Robinson (Editor of Consciousness Magazine)

Interview coming Soon!!! Sometimes it can become quite a task while striving to reach the goals that we hope to accomplish in life. However, if one puts their mind to it, nearly anything is reachable and possible to achieve. For Karissa Shannon, childhood life wasn’t always easy to cope with as she rose to be one of the biggest TV reality stars and glamour models of this decade.

The Florida native began her stardom to fame as having the opportunity to appear on the E! network, The Girls Next Door, along with her twin sister Kristina Shannon. Over 2 million viewers watched the premier season, making it the most watched episodes of its time. With strong faith in God, she was persistent in following her visions and dreams that was set out before her. On her career journey, there would be room for positive growth as she continued to make a difference in her life, as well as in society, as she takes the role model position to set examples for many young women. Intelligibly, Karissa continues to have success by making various television appearances on various shows. Her most recent television show, Celebrity Big Brother, broadcasted in the UK. Also, as a music recording artist, she will persist to heighten her career, receiving radio and club recognition of her music from around the world.

I’m grateful to have had Karissa Shannon grant Consciousness Magazine an interview, as she was willing to tell her testimony of her life, along with her exciting endeavors. She sheds light on her career for our readers, empowering many with her goals, ambitions and dreams while building an empire. It is my pleasure to present to you Karissa Shannon.

Aaron Robinson: Karissa, how was life for you as a child while growing up?
Karissa Shannon: I had a rough childhood. My mother left when I was 6 weeks old and my father was very young and never really around. My grandmother raised me. She's full Italian and had a house full of grandkids. I didn't really have a structured normal life. I had to grow up really fast and made my own decisions. I guess you could say I always learned the hard way. I'm blessed because I have a lot of life experiences and I am very mature for my age. I have become a very strong woman; Mind, Body, and Soul.

AR: Did wanting to be in the entertainment industry ever cross your mind at an early age?
KS: I always wanted to be a model. That’s kind of what led me to Playboy. I didn't really have a good sense of direction. I was kind of learning as I go. I used Playboy as a platform. I always refer to it as a stepping stone.

AR: Many people are fascinated with the idea of being a Hollywood celebrity. What are some goals that you set out to get to where you are in your career?
KS: A good goal is like a strenuous exercise…it makes you stretch. I started out wanting to model. After Playboy I wanted a hand in every lane of the entertainment business on and behind the scenes. I am great at listening and learning, and taking advice. I surround myself with positive people who can help me better myself. After accomplishing so much at such a young age, I believe that you can do anything you put your mind to. I believe in myself and never fall short with my faith in God.

AR: You and your sister Kristina star in the UK channel 5 TV show Celebrity Big Brother. Where did the inspiration come from for you to partake in this reality show?
KS: I Love to travel and that show is one of the biggest TV shows in the UK. So, I knew it would be a lot of fun and I wanted to continue to gain fans internationally. I also knew that doing that show would open doors for me outside of the U.S.

AR: Besides the show, are there any other examples, methods, seminars or creative initiatives that you use to empower women to be business savvy and confident?
KS: I always put a lot of thought into the decisions I make and in the things that I do. I know who I am as a person and what I stand for. I know what I want and nothing can altar my thought process. If you want something you have to work for it, and go about it in the right way. Stay true to who you are. You have to be able to love yourself and appreciate what you can do.

AR: As an outgoing and very confident woman, what words-of-advice would you share with women who feel as though they may or will have to lower their standards or morals to be successful?
KS: Don't limit yourself. Most people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. If you believe you can achieve, you don't need to compromise your morals to be successful.

AR: Would you like to share any of your greatest challenges or adversities that you may have dealt with or overcame while striving spiritually to be the best person that you could be?
KS: I've learned that faith can get you through anything. My boyfriend, Sam Jones III, has taught me a lot about character and morals the last 2 years we have been together. I have had to really look inside myself and understand who I am and what I want to be, and be that.

AR: You appeared on the reality series, The Girls Next Door. Besides your television life, what would you like your fans to know about you that they may not already know?
KS: There's more to me than just my looks. And even though I am confident, I am very humble and I don't compare myself to anybody else. One of my goals in my life is to be able to set an example and be an inspiration to other young women.

AR: At the end of the day, what are some things that you constantly have to remind yourself of?
KS: At the end of the day I am grateful and thank God for everything I have and take the time to appreciate everything.

AR: In regards to your life or career, do you feel as though you would have done anything differently in the past?
KS: Sometimes, I think and wish I could go back and do some things differently, but I always have to remind myself that if it weren't for those things I wouldn't be who I am today. Everyone has regrets or made mistakes. It's important to learn from them and try not to carry them with us into the future.

AR: While continuing to build your empire, what are some things that you would like to accomplish in the near future?
KS: One of my main focuses right now is my music. I just released my single ‘Juice & Vodka’ and getting ready to release my second single ‘Take A Shot.’ I'm really excited to shoot a video for both of them! Also I am finishing up my biography, which should be released this year.

AR: Would you like to share some insight for young women who are seeking to be glamour models, television hostess, singers, and so on?
KS: If you want something you have to work for it. Don't give up on your dreams. Know your limits but never stop trying to exceed them.

AR: Karissa, we are grateful that you took the time out to consider and conduct this interview with Consciousness Magazine. Thank you!
KS: Thank You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis – Legendary and Iconic Grammy Award-winning Songwriters & Music Producers

Ugo Lord Believe it Live it Dream it

An interview with Eugene Brown